Leeds Futures - History is a programme designed to inspire and support Year 12 students interested in studying History at university. Through a series of online sessions and a campus-visit, participants will take part in taster lectures, seminars and practical sessions which will reflect the diverse curriculum offered at the University. They’ll also meet current students and academics and find out all about life studying our History at Leeds, explore the career opportunities available to graduates and be supported until the point of submitting their UCAS application in Year 13.
Leeds Futures - History programme for your calendar
We are still confirming the dates for 2024 but here are the type of sessions you can expect from the programme:
- Online Welcome and Q&A with current students - Tuesday 19th March, 16.30-18.00
- On-campus Taster Day - Tuesday 16th April, 10.15-15.20
- Online Discovery Seminar - Tuesday 7th and Wednesday 8th May, 16.30-17.30
- Online session - Choosing a course and university
Explores the tools and methods available for prospective students to make informed decisions about their university and course options. The session will include a Q&A.
- Online session - Student Finance
An introduction to student finance including fees, loans and scholarships. The session will also cover tips on how to budget and what costs to expect at university. The session will include a Q&A.