Our resources below, which you can explore in your own time, will give you an insight into studying arts and humanities subjects and what life is like for our undergraduate students.
Linguastars - Year 12 languages summer school recorded package
A recorded package of undergraduate taster sessions to give you taster of life studying Languages at University. Find out more here.
Explore History - Year 12 history recorded package
A recorded package of undergraduate taster sessions to give you a taster of life studying History at University. Find out more here.
National Art and Design Saturday Club resources
Activities and Masterclass briefs created by Saturday Club tutors and industry experts for you to take part in at home.
Online courses are a great way to gain insight into the subjects that you are interested in studying at university. The courses below are free, and have been created by academics at The University of Leeds.
- Innovation: The Fashion Industry – Understand how big fashion retailers innovate and discover the story behind a favourite piece of your clothing with this online course.
- WW1 Heroism: Through Art and Film – Discover just some of the ways that heroism and the First World War is portrayed through art and film in this online course.
- Exploring the Slap – Suitable for teachers and Key Stage 5 students, this online course introduces you to world-renowned Russian director Meyerhold’s technique of biomechanics. Learn about Meyerhold’s form of physical theatre, biomechanics, and understand and perform ‘The Slap’.
- Introduction to Intercultural Studies: Language and Culture – Explore intercultural communication by understanding the relationship between language and cultural identity through this online course.
- Introduction to Intercultural Studies: Intercultural Contact – Learn how the principles of intercultural contact may challenge the way in which you think about social interaction through this online course.
- Introduction to Intercultural Studies: Crossing Borders – Take a closer look at geographical and cultural borders and understand their effects on people who occupy them or cross them through this online course.
- Introduction to Intercultural Studies: Defining the Concept of Culture – Understand intercultural communication by learning about the concepts of culture and interculturality through this online course.
- Introduction to Intercultural Studies: The Branding of Culture – Learn how products move across borders and how branding problematically draws on narratives of culture and place through this online course.
Student Ambassador profiles
Read our Ambassador profiles and watch our videos to find out from our students what it’s like to study arts and humanities subjects.
University of Leeds Student Showcase
Throughout the year, undergraduate students engage in solo and group projects, making use of specialist studios and workshops. Explore examples of work by our students showcased at recent events in the School of Design and School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies.
Designed to support your teaching, these resources will help you to inspire your students to engage with arts and humanities subjects.
What About...? Languages resource packs - Italian and Russian Taster Sessions
Our ‘What About..?’ Languages resource packs in Italian and Russian are designed to give students an introduction to languages and cultures which are less commonly studied in secondary schools. Find out more here.
Pre-recorded Ambassador talks and activity packs
Our Student Ambassador Talks for Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 are designed to inspire your students to progress in the Arts and Humanities at University and beyond…
Delivered with the option of a live session or a pre-recorded talk and activity pack, your students will hear the benefits of studying languages, their journey to University, explore potential career pathways and gain a unique insight into student life. Our interactive and engaging talks are delivered by our specially trained undergraduate students, and are perfect for transitional, key decision-making stages, including pre-GCSE and pre-A Level/BTEC options.
Teaching film and literature in languages
A resource pack which includes a collection of teacher CPD films and classroom aids for supporting those teaching film and literature as part of the French, German and Spanish A Level curricula.
Presentation - 'Because I study a Language...'
A presentation and poster pack for teachers to download, this set of fun and inspiring resources is designed to encourage students to think about the experiences and opportunities linked to language learning.